Bug#932: Pine over-encodes files and auto-requests document

Ian Jackson:
   > Pine is rapidly becoming known not for dependability, but for
   > arrogance and disregard for standard net practice.  A dependable
   > mailer would do what was most likely to be the right thing.

Terry Gray:
   Wow.  Talk about arrogance and dogmatism...

Talk about over encoding... :-)

Pine corrupts text files included as attachments.  In particular, line
ends are encoded in a system-specific form.  Different systems
(e.g. Mac, MSDOS, unix, VMS, ...) all have different mechanisms for
encoding line ends.

There's also the more general problem of mapping user intentions to a
reasonable set of machine operations.  However, maybe we shouldn't
even attempt to discuss this problem until the problem of corruption
of text files is resolved.

--
Raul