Re: Extended descriptions

>> The standard does require exactly one.  If you think it isn't clear I
>> think you've been reading the wrong standard - try

In fact, dpkg-1.1.0 doc/guidelines.texi is clear (and wrong) on them
being simply an "RFC822 style" continuation, just like any other
package field. doc/descriptions.txt explains the bit about
preformatted text; I've fixed xterm-color, and look forward to seeing
the text in guidleinex.texi itself. Thanks for the clarification.