Re: dpkg-source: prototype script

Ian Jackson writes:

> Kai Henningsen writes ("Re: dpkg-source: prototype script"):
> > ian@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk (Ian Jackson)  wrote on 27.02.96 in <m0trUEF-0002YyC@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk>:
> >
> > > Wishlist for the script:
> > >  * Check that the source package doesn't contain any files not in the
> > >    subdirectory specified, and doesn't contain any `..' directory
> > >    components.
> > >  * Work with written-for-Debian sources.
> >
> > * Include some indication of which packages are needed for a rebuild, just
> > like the .deb Depends:
>
> I'd prefer this to be documented in the debian.README file.  Should I
> add this to the Guidelines ?

I would think so--  Anyone compiling the source for themselves has passed
the "proctect them from themself" phase.

At least when I compile the source for myself, I don't expect to be protected ;)

--
Carl Streeter                   |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@cae.wisc.edu           |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert