Re: Solved: Emacs/gdb troubles

On Sat, 2 Mar 1996, Kai Henningsen wrote:

> [...]
> I think the problem is that the old termcap file is not (and never was - I
> first noticed that in Slackware, I think) compatible with ncurses.

This reminds me of a problem I spotted ages ago.  In my
/usr/lib/kbd/keytables/local.map (yes, I admit it is my own hack, but
this is from the original), I have the line

keycode  14 = Delete           Delete

which makes the backspace key (next to `=') give `Delete'.  Now, I think
the ncurses documentation says that this is a Linux bug and it should
really be C-h; however, when I tried this, backspace no longer worked in
emacs!

Has this been fixed?  If not, any ideas?  Of course, C-h in emacs is
`help' ...

Nikhil.