Someone to maintain emacs

I remember a while ago that someone offered to take over the emacs
package from Ian Murdock. Ian replied that he would like to keep
the emacs package. I think that he probably doesn't want to maintain
it from now on (I might be mistaken) and was wondering who the one
was who offered to take over the emacs package.

I discussed a little with Dirk Eddelbeutel (in private) and he
mentioned that we had to look in the mailing-list archive to find
out who the one was who made this offer. After half an hour of
web loading from europe to www.debian.org, I still didn't find
the specific mail in which the above mentioned was discussed.

The devel archive is very large and no easy links to www.mirror.debian.org
is provided (mirror being a european mirror). Perhaps this would
be nice at the start page of www.debian.org. Perhaps splitting the
archives a little more would be preferable but difficult. A nice
search function might be a solution. Any other suggestions on how
to find some communication from the past very fast.?:x

--
Erick Branderhorst@heel.fgg.eur.nl +31-10-4635142
Department of General Surgery (Intensive Care) University Hospital Rotterdam NL