Re: New, improved dpkg-source script

> > I propose that we require that all source packages in the 1.1 release
> > are in this format.
>
> How about the 1.2 release? ... I'd prefer not to hold up 1.1 while we wait
> for all developers to modify their debian.rules files and re-upload. I am
> deferring a good deal of my own new functionality to 1.2 in order to get 1.1
> out the door as soon as possible.

I agree about not wanting to delay 1.1 any further by having
developers re-upload their packages.  However, couldn't someone write
a new script or modify Ian's, to convert the existing .tar.gz and
.diff.gz files into the new format?  This could then be done batch
style on all of the files already on master.debian.org.  Updating
debian.rules to actually to do this automatically could wait.

David