Re: Policy regarding Motif apps?

William S. Gribble writes:
> I'm wondering what the Debian developers' and users' views are about Motif
> apps.  Should they be available as Debian packages at all?  If so, should
> the binary packages be statically linked, which is gross, or dynamically
> linked, requiring that you have Motif libraries installed?  Maybe both
> should be available?  I personally have Motif installed, and it irks me to
> have to use a statically-linked Netscrape, so I wouldn't be too thrilled
> about a bunch of other static Motif apps.

Not owning Motif myself I'd like to see static versions, but I agree that
it would be good to also have dynamically linked versions as well.

How about xmcd for another motif app as well, I'm sure there are quite
a few more decent motif apps out there.

Andrew

--
Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot

Andrew Howell				               andrew@it.com.au
Perth, Western Australia		      howellaa@cs.curtin.edu.au