Re: Files still 550 on ftp.debian.org...

  Matt> Yes I am mirroring file permissions from master so If master is
  Matt> screwed up I am screwed up :)
  Carl>  Master is fine ;)

  Matt> Would someone please chmod -R 644 the tree on master I will get the
  Matt> new permissions on the next update.
  Carl>  They've been fine for a day and a half ;)

There are some options for mirror which relate to file modes. For example
(quoted from mirror(1))

       file_mode      Mode to give files created locally.  [0444]

       dir_mode       Mode to give directories  created  locally.
                      [0755]

       mode_copy      Flag indicating if we need to copy the mode
                      bits.  [false]

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd