Re: Watchdog

brian writes:

> >The bug, however, is that the watchdog package does not check if the kernel
> >is correct. Kernels before 1.3.52 didn't even have this option. How do I
> >enter this in the depends clause: image (>=1.3.52) ?
>
> Some of use build our own kernels.  I once installed a kernel packages
> because some things depended upon it, but have never updated it since.

I found out that the softdog code is NOT enabled in 1.3.64 as distributed
via Debian. This way watchdog is absolutely useless. Could the maintainer of
the kernel images (Simon ?) please enable the software wathcdog by default.

Shall I leave the DEPENDS line without mentioning the kernel?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Lehrstuhl fuer angewandte Mathematik insb. Informatik