Re: Is there a working debian mirror?

On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Bill Mitchell wrote:

> I'm currently unable to get to ftp.debian.org or to ftp.microworld.net.
> Is there a working mirror site with the development tree on it?
>
> ftp> open ftp.microworld.net
> Connected to maniac0.corp.mot.com.
> With hopes of really getting to ftp.microworld.net.
> 220 maniac0.corp.mot.com FTP server (Version 5.60) ready.
> Name (ftp@ftp.microworld.net):
> Can't connect to 204.189.85.2
> Login failed.
> 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
> ftp>
The machine hung and Matt called to have it restarted.  Last I knew
was up and running fine around 5pm EST.

David

David Brinks - Assist Sys Admin.   brinks@cps.cmich.edu
422 Pearce Hall                    Mail maintainer of:  archive, ftpadmin
Computer Science Department           www, and sometimes other accounts
Central Michigan University           used for admin purposes.
---All opinions, and possibly some of the facts, are strictly of my own.----