Re: MSDOS name conversion

>The question is whether there is any reason why we shouldn't split the
>packages in the main area too, and I haven't heard a really good
>reason why not ...

How about plain old readability and useability?  Debian is already
full of files!  I'd rather this was not increased needlessly.  Having
multiple files per package will just be confusing to anyone accessing
the ftp site directly.  I don't see the point in punishing the general
user just so someone can occasionally load packages onto a floppy disk.

My suggestion: Include a "split" program in the msdos archive and a README
about how to use it.

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )