Re: Our logo

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca
> > I always considered being "somehow with the FSF" as one of the stronger
> > points of the project, apart from the intrinsic quality of the product.
>
> I think I'd better answer this.
>
> FSF employed Ian Murdock for 6 months to produce their Debian CD. He
>     [ stuff deleted ]
> At this point, we are philosophically with the GNU project but there is
> no business connection.

Bruce,

Thank you for your answer.  I think your explanation was great and expect
other will be happy too.

So, should we have a logo design contest?

Kenny Wickstrom           | gnu - a new generation in s/w devel/support
kenny@kennet.com          | Linux - a much improved Un*x clone
(847)740-4008             | Debian - a Linux distribution setting the
#include <std-disclaimer> |    standard for future distributions