Re: Alternate Debian FTP server

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996, Karl Ferguson wrote:

> > If you are unable to get to ftp.debian.org, please use the alternate
> > server ftp.microworld.net . That's .net, not .com , there is a .com site
> > but it's the wrong one! This system is currently mirroring the master
> > copy of the Debian archive, and the /debian tree within it should look
> > identical to the one on ftp.debian.org .
>
> What do the normal mirror sites like myself and others' do about this?  Wait
> for ftp.debian.org to come up or mirror ftp.microworld.net until it comes back?
>
> ...Karl

You can mirror ftp.microworld.net if you want we are planning to DNS that
to ftp2.debian.org.

>From those two we will then distribute the software, but however your
first resource should be ftp.debian.org with that machine as a fall back...

By the way I should be back online in the next 24/48hours at full
capacity again.

We upgrade RAM from 48megs to 64megs and reconfigured the drive structure
while we are waiting for the controller to come in FedX.

--
Matthew S. Bailey
107 Emmons Hall

mbailey@cps.cmich.edu

... Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer,
my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.  Any
resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.
The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them is left as an exercise for the reader.  The question of the
existence of the reader is left as an exercise for the second god
coefficient.  (A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism
is beyond the scope of this article.)