Re: MSDOS name conversion

>1. Is it OK just to change over to using these names, discarding the
>old ones, or will this (for example) cause problems for mirrors ?

If they are only symlinks, the mirrors should have no problems with
the changes.  If they are actual files, the mirrors will have problems!

>2. Does anyone have any good knapsack-solving code, or something
>similar ?

Not here...

>3. Should we split the packages in the main binary directories too
>(adding complication), or only in the msdos directories (wasting disk
>space) ?

Please don't split them in the main binary directories.  Why not just
provide a tool to let people split them if and when they need to?

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )