kernel IPC bug that breaks sysvinit fixed in 1.3.60

Linus inserted my patch into 1.3.60, and under that kernel it is possible
to change the init run level while the root is mounted read only. Under
some other kernels (I don't know which) it was not possible to open a
FIFO or a Unix-domain socket on a filesystem that was mounted read-only.

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com> Pixar Animation Studios
Toy Story: > $179 Million domestic box office and an Oscar so far.