Re: su in debian.rules

On Mon, 5 Feb 1996 20:11:15 +0100 (MET), roro <rossius@hrz.tu-chemnitz.de> said:

> Oh.  As a person who compiles all the debian packages for myself, I
> almost get a heart attack if (after "make -f debian.rules binary") a
> file has leaked into /usr/local/include or /usr/lib.  I hope nobody
> will ship such "rm -rf /".  I will watch you closely, friends! :)

Obviously that one was never "shipped".

Responsible developers will have tested their packages.  Debian's
track record seems to indicate that the people working on packages in
the mainstream distribution are competent and responsible people.
Many have separate machines (or debian / partitions) just for testing.

--Mike