Re: su in debian.rules

As I've commented before, there is no real excuse for needing root to
create packages. (Do you really think gcc has been "audited" with the
intention of being run as root?) Of course, even the hello package
file works ok if you do "debian.rules build" as a user and then
"debian.rules binary" as root... but even the latter could be handled
correctly with a filter on the tar file. (I haven't found a pre
written one, but I need one for work, so I'll try and come up with a
way of adding it to dpkg-deb...) If you'd like to discuss the design
with me, feel free to send me mail directly.

					_Mark_ <eichin@cygnus.com>
					Cygnus Support, Eastern USA