Re: Two things...

In message <[🔎] m0teObR-0006ibC@rdm.legislate.com>, Raul Miller writes:
>Michael Alan Dorman:
>   1) Well, since no one else has volunteered to take on Ghostscript, I
>   guess that means I get it.  I will try and package up Aladdin
>   Ghostscript 3.53 in the very neary future (like this weekend).
>   Thoughts?
>Last time I looked, 2.6.1 was freely distributable while more recent
>versions have been non-free.  [If you've already discussed this,
>apologies.]

So I won't get any more needless mail (though there are times it's
needful, so please don't anyone take that as a criticism), I pulled
this comment from a discussion on debian-devel@pixar.com, written by
L. Peter Deutsch, the man who is Aladdin Systems:

> Sale for profit of a CD-ROM including a program governed by the Aladdin
> Free license is allowed as long as everything on the CD-ROM may be copied
> and redistributed without further fee for (at least) non-commercial
> purposes.

Though, say, Caldera would be in a bit of a spot, since they include
non-redistributable pieces in their distribution, Debian is just fine.

I do think there was the matter of sending him a copy of the CD-ROM,
but I'm at least keeping track of the authors whose stuff I've done
that have requested such, and once we have a Debian CD-ROM (other than
Bruce's writiables), I will be arranging to get copies for them.

Mike.
--
"I thought I'd something more to say."