Re: Bug#2117: /usr/local/bin no longer in path
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: debian-devel@Pixar.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#2117: /usr/local/bin no longer in path
- From: "Michael E. Deisher" <deisher@enws428.EAS.ASU.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 22:28:08 -0700
- Message-id: <9601110528.AA11041@ganges>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.91.960111011417.7169Efirstname.lastname@example.org> (message from Stephen Early on Thu, 11 Jan 1996 01:16:46 +0000 (GMT))
On Thu, 11 Jan 1996 01:16:46 +0000 (GMT), Stephen Early <email@example.com> said:
> I think you must have caught the change from setting the path in
> /etc/X11/Xsession to setting it in /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config.
> Certainly in the most recent xbase, /usr/local/bin is included in
> the user path that is set in /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config.
The path is not set in either Xsession or xdm-config. As I said in
the bug report, the xbase I installed was 3.1.2-4. I noticed that
3.1.2-6 is in Incoming. However, I don't know whether it is elf or
a.out. I'm very reluctant to upgrade to elf because I'm trying to
finish my thesis and need my machine to be *stable*.
> I uploaded the packages several days ago, but they haven't appeared
> on the ftp site yet. I'm going to be uploading another set to fix
> more bugs within a few days...
Are we talking about the a.out version? I hope so. Anyway, thanks
for looking into it.