Re: binary-alpha and binary-sparc directories

Ian Murdock writes:
ther have to have separate Incoming directories for all
>supported architectures, or we'll have to have a naming scheme for all
>Incoming binary packages (prepending a dash and the architecture name,
>for example) that can be easily resolved before the packages are moved.

Consider the case of independently-distributed .deb files.  You
don't want to make people put them into different directories if
they support multiple architectures.  I strongly suggest that
putting the arch into the name will be a lot of help in the long
term.

michaelkjohnson