Re: binary-alpha and binary-sparc directories

Hello Ian,

you might as well add binary-m68k since the first Debian/68k packages are
starting to appear. These packages as well as the necessary source patches
are currently stored at U-Mainz:

  ftp.uni-mainz.de:/pub/Linux/devel/debian/dontuse/m68k/

Curently the follwing packages are available for m68k:

  binutils-2.6.deb    gcc-aout-2.7.2.deb  libgxx-2.7.1.deb
  gcc-2.7.2.deb       gxx-2.7.2.deb       ncurses-1.9.8a.deb

And of course dpkg is available (only as nondebbin.tar.gz)

There is already a debian-68k mailing-list in place at Pixar.com (as you might
have noticed from the cc-line...)

As for the Alpha stuff: i am still wrestling with the subtilities of
bootstrapping Linux in an unsupported environment. Don't expect anything
before mid-January ...

Happy new year!
  Dominik

BTW. Could somebody please put me on the debian-devel list? I would make
     it easier for me ...