Re: Debian+umsdos (fwd)

From: Simon Shapiro <Shimon@teleport.com>
> And why do we want this brain dead file system (which even M$ does not
> use for its own 1980 eras OS's) to boot a Unix O/S with?

Because it is the lowest common denominator, and it would let people
alter the bootstrap floppy from a non-Linux system before they booted it.
This is sometimes convenient. Since it's just the bootstrap floppy, we
don't have to worry about supporting it as much as we would if we
supported having the entire system on a umsdos disk. Some people are
going to try that, I guess.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--