Re: convenience script for building a.out packages

> From @mongo.pixar.com:debian-user-request@Pixar.com  Tue Nov 28 16:35:58 1995
> Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 07:32:38 -0800 (PST)
> From: Bill Mitchell <mitchell@mdd.comm.mot.com>
> To: ian@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk, scott@statsci.com
> Subject: Re: convenience script for building a.out packages
> Cc: debian-devel@Pixar.com, debian-user@Pixar.com
>
> Scott Blachowicz <scott@statsci.com> said:
>
> > Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > I agree.  But, now you see that we have a script called /usr/bin/aout
> > > and a potential directory called /usr/bin/aout.  Hence my suggestion
> > > that it ought to be called something else.  with-aout perhaps.
> >[...]
> > Actually, I would argue that the _directory_ be someWHERE else.  [...]
>
> Good point.  From FSSTND 1.2, 3/28/95, section 3.1, para three:
>
>   There should be no subdirectories within /bin.
>
> Given the intention of FSSTND compliance, this is an absolute
> prohibition.

Well the FSSTND prohibit to have a subdirectiry within /bin, not within
/usr/bin... they even give /usr/bin/X11 and /usr/bin/mh as directories
for X11 and MH mail system binaries.

 Jean-Marc Bourguet                      Service d'Electronique
                                         Faculte polytechnique de Mons
 Email : bourguet@muelec.fpms.ac.be      Belgique