ftp.debian.org, as the system seems to be unavailable. -- I'll try tomorrow.)

Date: 21 Nov 95 05:54 UT
Package: dbackup
Version: 0.1
Package_Revision: alpha.2
Maintainer: David H. Silber <dhs@firefly.com>
Source: dbackup
Binary: dbackup
 Dbackup will copy all files that are not part of a Debian package or which
 have been modified since installation to some backup media.
 .
 Actually, at this point it is only true that dbackup produces a list of
 files which fit the above qualifications.  It is up to the user to feed
 this list to some program (such as tar or cpio) for the actual backup.
 .
Changes:
 This version actually provides something usable.  A command-line such as:
       dbackup | cpio -oa > /dev/tape
 would write a copy of all files that are not part of a Debian distribution
 or otherwise prevented from being backed up to a tape as a cpio archive.
 .
ToDo:
 - Provide user documentation such as a manual page, an info page, examples
   of use, etc.
 - Manage media for backup.
 - Provide a means for restoring a system from a dbackup run.
 - Provide the ability to make incremental backups and apply them to the
   rebuilt system.
 - Provide an easy to use, graphical configuration manager.
 - Exclude catman files from the backup, where there is a cooresponding
   man source file.
 .
Files:
 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5527 Nov 21 00:45 dbackup-0.1-alpha.2.deb
 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 60329 Nov 21 01:35 dbackup-0.1-alpha.2.tar.gz
 232433de3340d5f29dcd1382218fbce0  dbackup-0.1-alpha.2.deb
 34a0254cdd209ff024e828fe155f6fd2  dbackup-0.1-alpha.2.tar.gz

--
  David H. Silber     dhs@firefly.com     Project: Debian GNU/Linux (dbackup)
  <http://www.access.digex.net/~dhs/>     Wanted:  Spare time.

			     Programmer for hire.