RFC: A default html file

Thanks for the comments on doc, guys. I think I will package the old 'doc' as
`doclinux' and create a new `docdebian' with Debian specific documentation,
especially as Ian M. promised the manual for today :-)
(As an aside: doclinux and docdebian or rather doc-linux and doc-debian ?)

Erick pointed out to me that this could be a good place for a defaults html
file, say debian.html or homepage.html that all the related programs (ie
lynx, chimera, w3-el, cern-httpd and more to come as apache etc) could use as
the default home page with url file://localhost/etc/debian.html.

This could be tested very simply in their postinst as
	if [ -f /etc/debian.html ]
	then
		# some sed stuff to make it the default home page
	else
		# some default action
	fi

Or should such a file rather be part of the base package as debiandoc will
not have priorities `required' or `standard'?

What do you think? What would you like to see as the contents of this default
homepage? Pointers to www.debian.org, pointers to /usr/doc/*, to
/usr/doc/copyright/* ?

--
Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca          http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd