Re: Release management and package announcements

>    From: Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk>
>
>    Ian Murdock writes ("Re: Release management and package announcements"):
>    > Are we going to start with an a.out 1.0 and migrate to an ELF 1.0?
>    > If so, I'd agree that this is what we should do (and what I'll do
>    > if we all think this is the best option).
>
>    I think we should start with an a.out 1.0 tree.  This will give us a
>    bleeding edge tree straight away, and we can then use our incremental
>    upgrade mechanisms to make the 1.0 tree move towards ELF.
>
> Okay--I'll agree with this.  Are there any major objections?

No. As long as the library moves, and the move to ELF as the default
binary format for development get high priority, thus enabling the
developers to make their move to ELF ASAP.

Great!

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go