Re: Do we really care how many floppies are in the base?

iwj10@cus.cam.ac.uk said:
> Notice that the absence of `ed' from the base system amounts to a
> policy decision not to allow the use of `ed' in other base packages'
> scripts, nor in any packages' preinst scripts.

Is there really any script that uses "ed" instead of "sed" for this purpose?
In any case, we have the simple editor down to 25K and will not have to remove
"ed" from the base, for now. I did mention I'd try to keep it in.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
-- Attention Radio Amateurs: For information on "Linux for Hams",
-- read the WWW page http://www.hams.com/LinuxForHams,