what do the X11R6 virtual package names *really* mean?

standards/virtual-package-names-list.text lists:
	X11R6                   XFree86 R6, including base system
	xR6shlib                XFree86 R6 shared library only

I've put together a package of xterm_color (an xterm that supports
ANSI color) and used a "Depends: xbase"; it appears that it should
have used "Depends: xR6shlib", or possibly X11R6 -- since it relies on
the NLS config files (if they exist?) and existing XTerm app-defaults
file, I suspect the latter, but thought I'd check for clarification.

(Also, should normal packages have "libc.so.4" in the Depends? It
doesn't appear that many (any?) of them do.)
					_Mark_ <eichin@cygnus.com>
					Cygnus Support, Eastern USA