So are Incoming files permanently world unreadble?

I used to get the latest packages from Incoming, since it was often a
while before they were moved from Incoming to the development tree.
Now that the permissions are set so that none of these are world
readable (I assume because of the corrupted files complaints), is my
only recourse to wait for them to be moved to development?

There have been a couple of times (in the recent past) when I had a
fairly urgent need for some of the Incoming stuff well before it was
moved into development.

Thanks
--
Rob