Default organization: is there a site config file?

Hi,

	I am in the process of packaging dist-3.60, and one of the
 config parameters is the organization of the local site (one of the
 suggested locations: /etc/organization).

	I rooted around on my machine, and discovered the file
 /etc/news/organization, which was presumably put there by trn or
 friends.

	It seems to me that this information is not news specific
 (mailers could utilize it too), so should this file be installed
 instead in /etc, also, which package should take responsibility?

	I could add a postinst script for dist which checks for the
 presence of /etc/organization, or else ask the user and set it up for
 them (maybe use /etc/news/organization if that exists), if that is OK
 for the interim.

	manoj

-- "It's when they say 2 + 2 = 5 that I begin to argue." Eric Pepke

Manoj Srivastava               Systems Research Programmer, Project Pilgrim,
Phone: (413) 545-3918                A143B Lederle Graduate Research Center,
Fax:   (413) 545-1249         University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003
<srivasta@pilgrim.umass.edu> <URL:http://www.pilgrim.umass.edu/%7Esrivasta/>