Re: Building ncurses...a couple of questions...

On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, J.H.M.Dassen wrote:
> I don't see the necessity of this. Take bash for instance: it uses
> readline, which uses ncurses.

Taking this to its logical absurdity, we get:  "Let's just require that
everything be on one big hard drive so it's all in the root partition so
we don't have to worry about any of this."

> I'd like to see a /lib/ncurses.so which uses definitions on the root
> fs, in /etc.

I looked at the FSSTND on the web, and it doesn't seem to forbid this, or
even imply that it's "wrong".

Anyone else want to venture an opinion?

Mike.
--
"I'm a dinosaur.  Somebody's digging my bones."