Re: One question upon INN (and syslogd)

I accidentally sent this to just Ian the first time, here it is again...

In article <[🔎] m0tKQAE-0002aQC@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk> you wrote:
: Martin Schulze writes ("One question upon INN (and syslogd)"):
: > These logfiles are not turned with savelog by cron.sysklogd. Are they
: > turned by cron.inn? If not I might have to include this in the
: > cron.sysklogd file.

: They ought to be rotated by the INN package - but the INN package is
: broken, orphaned and withdrawn.

The *must* be rotated by an INN package, since the server needs to be
manipulated during the rotation to get things right and not lose articles
if you're using nntplink in logfile mode to drive downstream sites.

Please don't touch these in the sysklogd package.

I manage a large Usenet site inside HP, and need to get INN working on Debian
to convert my last machine at home from BSD/OS... ergo, I'm close to biting
the bullet and building/packaging INN and nntplink, even though I don't really
want to spend the time right now.

Bdale