Re: bogo-1.2-1 released

> With all due respect, I fail to see any value in being able to calculate
> BogoMips from the command line.
>
> The uptime command provides accurate system load information in a much
> more useful format.  The BogoMips calculation just wastes CPU cycles, which
> is certainly not something you would want to do on a heavily loaded system.
>
> The BogoMips calculation was only intended to calibrate delay loops in
> the kernel.

Actually, I disagree.  I find that having as many utilities as possible in
the Debian distribution for anyone that actually wants to use them the best
way to go.  Ok, I do realise that it does take a little CPU to calculate
the BogoMips from the command line, but as such, it is there for them to use
if they choose to use it IMO.

However, calculating the bogomips from the command line can give useful
information and it was on sunsite in any case, so I I just though oh what the
hell, another app wont hurt.

Regs

...Karl

--
 |                         PO Box 828   Office: (09)316-3036 Fax: (09)381-3909
 |OWER INTERNET SERVICES   Canning Bridge   After Hours:  015-779-828
                           WA, 6153     Sales Support: sales@tower.com.au
Internet Service Providers
 and Networking Solutions