miscutils snag/questions for all

I recently took over as maintainer of the miscutils package.  I'm working
on a new release, but I have several questions to ask before I continue.

* miscutils is one of the few (only?) debian packages currently
  distributed without diffs.  I'd like to distribute it with diffs.

* The miscutils come from the util-linux distribution maintained by
  Rik Faith and others.

* util-linux 2.5 contains _much_ more than miscutils; specifically, it
  contains stuff to be found in these debian packages:
     bsdutils, mount, syslogd, chfn, last, and others.

* Some important util-linux 2.5 utilities are missing from Debian, such as
  setterm, ipcs, ipcrm, etc.  Copyright permitting, I would like to add
  these packages (as appropriate) to miscutils.

* I'm not sure how to approach the diff problem.  Surely I do not want
  to leave all of the unused source files from util-linux in the debian
  miscutils package.  Should the diffs make these files empty?

* Should I just throw away the idea of providing diffs?

* Should we consider merging bsdutils and miscutils into one package?

Any ideas to help make miscutils a better, cleaner package are welcome.

Below is a list of programs in util-linux and where they appear in
the Debian distribution.

Thanks,

Jeff

PS - should I also post this to debian-user?

--------- snip ---------

util-linux
  program	- debian package name

disk-utils/