Re: md5sum passwords

> > A mixed solution may be possible, supplying DES (from both a US and a
> > non-US site) to those who require YP support.  I'm still not in favor
> > of Debian doing this alone in the Linux community, though.

[stuff deleted]

> Longer passwords, while they may preclude compatablility with other
> systems, are no excuse for not choosing good passwords: "I love
> Francesca" may have more than 8 characters, but it certainly is not
> more secure than "R8#cjs;)". There are plenty of references on how to
> pick good passwords in 8 characters.

I know what you're all saying, but I'd definately like the MD5 in place as an
optional extra.  Isn't that possible?  The extra security as an Internet
Provider is a much needed asset...

Regards,

...Karl

--
 |                         PO Box 828   Office: (09)316-3036 Fax: (09)381-3909
 |OWER INTERNET SERVICES   Canning Bridge   After Hours:  015-779-828
                           WA, 6153     Sales Support: sales@tower.com.au
Internet Service Providers
 and Networking Solutions