Re: dchanges change suggestions

Ian Murdock <imurdock@debian.org> said:

> You don't need the tags ("Date:", "Package:", "Version:", and
> [...]

Ian Jackson, would you care to take over dchanges, and implement this?

> [...]
>     abc - children's alphabet tutor
>     def - "defend", the game
>     ghigragleflaggor - the program of the same name
>
> Why would these packages, which obviously have nothing to do with each
> other, be announced in the same announcement?  I'd think they would be
> announce separately.

They pobably would be, but dchanges(1) wouldn't know, or care, about that.
I was trying to illustrate file format, not file content.

>     .
>     This is Changelog info from a pre-prepared file.
>     It was included literally, except for having blank lines coerced.
>     .
>     * This might be a description of some change
>     .
>     * This might be a very long anc verbose description of some
>       change which the package maintainer goes on and on about.
>     .
>     * This might be the description of another change.
>     .
>
> What do these dots represent?

Blank lines -- exactly like the package descriptions in dpkg control files,
and as explained in the current dchanges(1) man page.