Re: changes file format

ian@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk said:
> Release announcements are prepared in whatever way the package
> maintainer likes, and submitted in a format that looks like yours.

It would be nice if we could use the existing "dchanges" tool to do this.

>  The announcements are reformatted into a format that looks like
> mine, before being posted (to the instant-updates list, see below).

Fine. I don't really care what the human-readable format looks like if we can
use "dchanges" as the input to the script that produces it.

> I can write a program to convert between the two formats, so that if
> you edit your changelog in my format you can generate the release
> announcement in dchanges format and never have to read it.

That's fine.

> The only thing I think I need to do this is a way to represent a
> blank line in the dchanges format's "Changes" field.

Didn't you do something like this for the description field in Debian packages?

	Bruce