Re: changes file format

On Tue, 24 Oct 1995, James A. Robinson wrote:

> But Ian, almost _any_ format can be made machine readable -- but
> Bill's format is _easily_ machine readable -- you could slap together
> a whole bunch of ways to read it.  I'm very much against going all out
> for "beauty" when you can have a nice compromise between beauty and
> easy functionality.

I'd intended to drop this topic, but I'll belabor one point here.
If package announcements are uploaded to debian.org for machine
parsing and debian-changes announcements are machine-generated
from there, The mechanized debian-changes announcement generator
has a lot of control over the aesthetics of the announcement format
which is presented to humans for reading.