Re: dselect install times out screensaver (fwd)
- To: debian-devel@Pixar.com
- Subject: Re: dselect install times out screensaver (fwd)
- From: Bill Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 1 Oct 1995 10:33:05 -0700 (PDT)
- Message-id: <Pine.SUN.3.91.951001103211.19488C-100000@bb29c>
Ian J. said:
> I have no idea how to do this, and I'm unconvinced that it would be a
> good idea.
Me neither. Also possibly me too. I dimly recall a SlackWare utility
to massage the screensaver, but some "man -k"ing and grepping around
didn't turn up anything on my debian system.
I was thinking mostly of the new 0.93r6 installer, unfamiliar with
the linux screensaver, seeing the screen go blank or finding it blank
after walking away from and back to his system during the initial
dselect [I] processing. Some of these users will press <Enter>,
giving a spurious response to the first postinst prompt encountered.