Re: Network Debian installation

David,

I liked your letter.  Since you were painting in broad strokes I see
no need to pick nits but I think many of your site management concerns
would be better handled by a tool like cfengine than a client-server
model for dpkg.

(Bruce Parens, I hope you're listening)
The idea that sprang to mind as I read your scenarios was that we
should have either an optional base disk or a very well described
recipe for adding NFS to a new system.  An NFS disk makes a lot of
sense to me.

I call it an NFS disk but I realize that most of the binary/net
directory would probably be on it.  PPP and SLIP access is the next
increment to consider.  We would need setup scripts to ask the
questions for IP numbers, phones, modems and logins.

Also, can ftp.debian.org or one of the mirrors be NFS mounted?
Since I don't use NFS yet, I have not looked into NFS availability.

Thanks,
  Costa