Re: Bug#1472: where are compress and uncompress???
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: debian-devel@Pixar.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#1472: where are compress and uncompress???
- From: "Michael E. Deisher" <deisher@enws428.EAS.ASU.EDU>
- Date: Sat, 23 Sep 1995 00:02:47 -0700
- Message-id: <9509230702.AA05804@ganges>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950922231549.11583A-100000@bb29c> (message from Bill Mitchell on Fri, 22 Sep 1995 23:16:54 -0700 (PDT))
On Fri, 22 Sep 1995 23:16:54 -0700 (PDT), Bill Mitchell <email@example.com> said:
> compress is missing because the algorithm is patented. uncompress
> is missing because gunzip handles .Z files OK.
Ah, yes. Now I remember. Could we legally make a non-free package
from the ncompress source on sunsite?