Bug#1398: amd problems
There are a few small bugs in the new amd package:
- amd should be started after installation (if the user changed run_amd
to 1 it will start the daemon).
- amd should be stopped before the package will be removed
- amd should be started after the package has been installed
- amd needs a "DEPENDS: netbase" line (rpc.portmap).
- binary size: shouln't fsinfo be a QMAGIC executable instead of an OMAGIC
executable? Maybe wire-test could be an OMAGIC executable.
- /etc/init.d/amd does not accept the start/stop arguments (at least not
from the command line). This is caused by the use of /etc/init.d/functions
(it seems to destroy the $1 argument).
Solution: save $1 to a new variable before calling /etc/init.d/functions
and use the new variable for the case statement.
- amd manpage mentions automounter(8) which does not exist
- I can't get it working with the -r option (/etc/init.d/amd). After
removing the -r option it works for me.
- amd needs an entry (amd 300019 amq) in the /etc/rpc file. The next
netbase version will have such an entry.
Peter Tobias EMail:
Fachhochschule Ostfriesland email@example.com
Fachbereich Elektrotechnik und Informatik firstname.lastname@example.org
Constantiaplatz 4, 26723 Emden, Germany