Re: Debian for Linux/{non-i386} / source packaging

Richard Kettlewell:
   Getting dpkg involved with the source archive means that anyone who
   wants to look at Debian packages on a non-Debian system has to
   install dpkg on it.

Yes, dpkg for source archives strikes me as somewhat silly.  If
nothing else, you'd need a source archive for your "source archive"...

   I understand it currently won't even compile on some non-Linux
   systems...  (is that correct?)

I think this is still true.  However, dpkg-deb (the utility that reads
and writes .deb files) should compile on most all unix systems.

--
Raul