Bug#1308: ncftp problems
I've found some small problems with the ncftp source package:
1. 'debian.rules' should be executable (by everybody).
2. ncftp only builds if extracted in /usr/local/src
3. the package is compiled '-g' and not stripped.
1. chmod a+x debian.rules
2. determine SOURCE_PARENT using the shell. [patch below]
3. explicitly "make" with the correct flags. [patch below]
-- cut me --
diff -u -r ncftp-2.1.0-orig/debian.rules ncftp-2.1.0/debian.rules
--- ncftp-2.1.0-orig/debian.rules Fri Aug 25 03:01:48 1995
+++ ncftp-2.1.0/debian.rules Fri Sep 1 21:29:22 1995
@@ -29,17 +29,21 @@
SOURCE_TAR = ncftp-$(VERSION)-$(REVISION).tar
SOURCE_DIFF = ncftp-$(VERSION)-$(REVISION).diff
-SOURCE_PARENT = /usr/local/src
+SHELL = /bin/sh
+SOURCE_PARENT = $(shell cd .. ; pwd)
SOURCE_DIR = ncftp-$(SOURCE_DIR_SUFFIX)
FAKE_ROOT = $(SOURCE_PARENT)/$(SOURCE_DIR)/debian-tmp
# make sure that we're in the correct directory
# run the configure script
+ make "CFLAGS=$(CFLAGS)" "LDFLAGS=$(LDFLAGS)"
# touch a file indicating that the build is complete
-- ouch --
LEADERSHIP A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch
it'll be someone else's bones which go crack and not their own.
- The Hipcrime Vocab by Chad C. Mulligan