Re: Colour ls

edd@miles.econ.queensu.ca (Dirk Eddelbuettel) said:

> I am in favour of color ls. But I vote against it leaving colours out. If
> it's there it should use colours.
>
> Maybe we should keep fileutils 'as is' and have a package 'color-ls' that
> replaces 'ls' and adds 'dircolors'.

That's the approach I'd advocate.  Fileutils being a debianized version
of the fileutils package from upstream, and color-ls being a separate
package with an alternative to fileutils-ls.

That gets us back to Richard Kettlewell's question when he offered to
produce a color-ls package:  "doeS aNyBody know how should I arrange
for this to interact sensibly with the fileutils package?"