Re: file corruption

Raul Deluth Miller <rockwell@nova.umd.edu> writes:

> I've had a problem with emacs, for a while: the DOC strings are not
> right for my binary.  I suspect that this is related to the symlink in
> ./etc/ which points to DOC.

Replacement DOC files to fix this problem are located on sunsite.unc.edu,
/pub/linux/distributions/debian/fixes -- dated March 3rd.  This was also
posted about.

The problem results from an incompatibility between X and non-X DOC files
that was overlooked by yours truly.  The DOC file that came with 0.91 will
work with the non-X binary.  Also, let be it known that the absolute sloth
of "C-h b" is due to a bug in Emacs 19.22 and not through any fault of my
own.  It should be fixed in Emacs 19.23 which is due to be a major bug fix.

Before reporting a bug, please check the "fixes" directory and, if there,
read the PROBLEMS file to make certain that your bug has not already been
reported.

Dan

--
Daniel Quinlan  <quinlan@spectrum.cs.bucknell.edu>