Re: Guidelines

I think that we should do a little vote on this....

I have many users here that all we teach to them is Emacs...
I am not suggesting that it be default but isn't vi a little hard to use
for a beginner?? I like maybe pico or something for mail and then since
you would probably have it for mail to use it as default for anything
else that calls editors like newsreaders.....

It is small and funtional so I like the idea of it better than emacs but
I really don't like the idea of vi for the joe smo that might be using
it.....

Or even a patch set that would make everything use one of the other editors
instead of vi....

On Sun, 20 Mar 1994, Charlie Brady wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Mar 1994, Bill Mitchell wrote:
> >
> >         It's conceivable that debian 1.1 might make a rule that all programs
> >         which have default editors are to dofault to emacs for consistancy.
> >
> > Comments on the above, anyone?
>
> This is a joke, isn't it? I don't see any smilies.
>
> Charlie Brady * (W) charlieb@tplrd.tpl.oz.au * (H) charlieb@budge.apana.org.au
> "Make it as simple as possible - | Tel: (02) 413 6838 ____Telectronics__| /\__
>   but no simpler"   Einstein, A  | Fax: (02) 413 6060 Pacing Systems    \/

||                                ||  root@stimpy.cps.cmich.edu      ||
|| Matthew S. Bailey              ||  mbailey@cps201.cps.cmich.edu   ||
|| 109 Merrill Hall               ||  32bdzwc@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu    ||
|| Central Michigan University    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|| Mt. Pleasant  MI  48858        ||  Get rid of MS-DOG and switch   ||
|| (517) 774-4141                 ||  To a real Operating System     ||
||                                ||         L I N U X!!             ||