Re: It has come to this...

[Ian's news deleted}

> Please don't flame me for my decision.  I wish I didn't have to make
> it.
>
> Ian Murdock <imurdock@gnu.ai.mit.edu>

Ian,

I hope noone flames you for being human!  This sort of thing happens
to most of us one time or another.  Good luck!

To the rest of us,

I've been lurking on here for some time.  Just as I was getting ready
to go Debian my system died.  (I'm currently using a 286-12.)  However,
that's all changing:  got my 540M drive, getting a 486DX2-66.
SO here's my offer:

	1)  I will volunteer to do _any_ administrative task for
	    the debian project.  Can start on Monday.
	2)  Once my system is up and running (2-3wks.) I'll be
	    willin' to do package maintenance, documentation, or
	    anything else to keep debian viable.

Admittedly, I don't have vast experience w/ Debian.  I've been working
w/ Unix for the past 7 years.  I know networking, communications, and
hardware.  _Somebody_ give me direction.  Maybe it's time to formalize
a "core development team" or something similar!?  We need some formal
method to arbitrate (sp?) the disagreements this group is bound to
cause.  (ie. Ian Jackson's private group proposal v. Steven White's (?)
BSD mounting proposal v. Remy card's proposal)  Maybe we vote.  Maybe
we don't.

LET'S NOT ALLOW DEBIAN TO DIE!!

Chuck
chuck@cmhcsys.com