Re: UUCP

> Is anyone handling UUCP, INN, or IDA sendmail for Debian? If not, I may be able
> to provide working copies of these conforming to the Debian standard, if I have
> time.
>
> The IDA/MailX package on Sunsite is useless, since "dbm" was compiled on a
> Sparcstation II, therefore (obviously) doesn't run under Linux.

	I have compiled sendmail 8.6.8 (the latest and greatest) under Linux.
My version can use dbm maps but can also use the new db library from Berkeley.

	The IDA features have all been included in sendmail 8 so it may be
worth considering including sendmail 8 in Debian.  I can package it for Debian
if people agree (and if someone sends me a copy of the guidelines for making
a package -- sorry, I have lost my copy).

		Remy