Re: cron job to clean out old cat pages

I really don't think perl belongs in the base system, however
much I like it.  It belongs in a category, (like emacs, say)
of recommended but not base.

This may change of course, Linux distributors may, if a package
becomes popular, to make them base.   Some commercial Unices
come with perl these days, I understand.

If you hand out a perl script for cron, cron will mail its
complaints to root , and the owner will soon get the picture
and install perl if s/he cares about it.

--
	-Matt Hannigan